Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vagabonding


Just as the wedding decompression commences, the globetrotting exhilaration begins. Such is the pace we have set for our lives. And neither of us would change a thing.

It has been years since I have felt the heart palpitations that can be induced only by the anticipation of extreme travel. The spirit of the vagabond has begun to permeate my being. It brings entirely unique feelings of joy, enthusiasm, and anxiety. My eyes are ready to see, my ears ready to listen.

I am filled with the energy of a child on the first day of school. I have jitters at the thought of meeting new people and making first impressions. I am prepared to learn and accept my new lessons. I am anxious about getting lost, but thrilled to rediscover our way. I am now fully aware of that feeling you get when you know you are on the edge of something big—something that will change your life and make you new.

This time in Hawaii will be a balance of honeymooning and housekeeping. We are newlyweds, and are enjoying the quiet bliss of a love changed by our vows. We are also only days away from crossing the distinct line of vacationers to vagabonds. There is much to do before we are off the American grid.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be the first to post on your blog! Matt and I are so excited to follow your amazing adventure and can not wait to hear all about it! We are still talking about your fantastic wedding...what an amazing time! We love you both so much!!!!
    Love,
    Matt, Jaime Lynn and Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Case. Your pics from Hawaii so far are great too. I know that shutterbug wife of yours has probably taken 10 times what's posted and I'm stoked to see em all. Travel safe and don't forget to take those Hozell around the world picks for a brutha! I love you in tank tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pictures guys! Travel safe and enjoy the journey. Remember a stranger is just a friemd you have not met yet. Unless they are creepy than stay away. All the best!

    Tim and L Boogie

    ReplyDelete